Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion beyond CVOEO
CVOEO is committed to joining the local and national conversations around DEI.
- CVOEO is a signatory of the community declaration of Racism as a Public Health Crisis claimed in July 2020, thus, joining the Burlington mayor’s office and many other organizations.
- CVOEO has been participating in disseminating the COVID-19 Health information effort, working with the Burlington Multi-Lingual Task Force to ensure community members who are semi or not literate in English have access to the information.
The Racial Equity Office has also participated in many advocacy discussions, initiatives and projects with several organizations including:
- Refugee and Immigrants Service Provider Network (RISP-NET)
- The United Way of Northwest Vermont
- The Just Transition subcommittee of the Vermont Climate Council
- The University of Vermont Medical Center Community Health Needs Assessment steering committee (UVM CHNA)
The Racial Equity Office has also been actively involved in the national dialogs.
- In September of 2020, we denounced Executive Order 13950 of September 22, 2020: Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping, an order that President Biden overturned on January 20, 2021.
- In March 2021, the office also stepped up to publicly denounce the anti-Asian attack leading to the death of many community members in Atlanta.