In 2022, CVOEO’s Community Action Network was created, bringing together our three Community Action programs. The Network’s three offices in Burlington, Middlebury, and St. Albans provide a variety of services to people throughout the Champlain Valley, including:
- 3SquaresVT outreach, information, and application assistance.
- Distribution of Farm to Family Coupons, provided annually between July 1st - September 30th or until supplies run out.
- Financial assistance and housing case management: housing advocacy, financial assistance to stabilize housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness, subsidized housing application assistance, and housing case management/housing navigation for individuals and families experiencing literal homelessness as defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Tax preparation: free income tax, rent rebate, and homestead property tax forms assistance, offered during the tax season (February 1 to April 15) under the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA).
- Home heating and utility assistance: seasonal fuel applications, VT Gas and Green Mountain Power Energy Assistance Program (EAP) applications, application assistance for the Crisis Fuel Emergency Heating System (EHS) repair or replacement program, and financial assistance with home heating fuel and metered utility bills required to maintain heat in the home, financial assistance is available during the heating season, October through April, as funds allow.
- Food services for Addison County (in Middlebury via the Addison Food Shelf) and Franklin & Grand Isle Counties (in St. Albans via Northwest Family Foods).
Contact your local Community Action office for more information on specific services.
- 54 Creek Road, Suite A - Middlebury, VT 05753
- Phone: 802-388-2285
- Hours: 10 am to 3:30 pm, Mon – Fri, except holidays
- Also provides food assistance via Addison Food Shelf
- 255 South Champlain Street - Burlington, VT 05402
- Phone: 802-863-6248
- Hours: 8:30 am to 4 pm, Mon – Fri, except holidays
Franklin & Grand Isle Counties
- 5 Lemnah Drive, Suite 5 - St. Albans, VT 05478
- Phone: 802-527-7392
- Hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Mon – Fri, except holidays
- Also provides food assistance via Northwest Family Foods