- Micro Business Workshops
Micro Business Workshops
The Micro Business Development Program is a program operating out of five community action agencies statewide. Here you will find classes and workshops designed and sponsored by the Micro Business Development Program at CVOEO.
Classes and workshops will be announced 4-6 weeks prior to the event.
Social Media Marketing (Facebook)
This course is designed to teach you how to use Facebook Marketing for your business. This is a true beginner's guide to Facebook Marketing for Entrepreneurs and small business owners. Please create a Facebook profile before attending this event.
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
How to Build an Informal Sales Force by Maximizing Networking Groups
Gillian Franks, small business owner, will introduce you to the concept of an informal salesforce and discuss how to empower and practically motivate other small business owners in your networking groups to promote your business. Gillian will share how over 2 years she doubled her business through membership in networking groups. She will share strategies she thought were helpful and some that were not. Gillian will help you: Identify groups that can support your business Understand the effort, costs and pitfalls of having an informal salesforce Develop methods to overcome shy and overpowering personality traits so you can maximize this opportunity This is a workshop that will work best if you are willing to be interactive, present your issues and listen to others as well as give ideas. By the end of this workshop you will: Have a better understanding of the realities of building an informal salesforce Be able to determine if you want to move forward and use this marketing tactic Know which network groups to focus on building your network marketing around
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Introduction to Excel
Micro Business Coach Pacifique Nsengiyumva leads an interactive workshop on the basics of Excel. Learn how to format a cell, basic functions (SUM, COUNT, DATE, TIME, SEARCH), and how to sort data. Intended for TRUE beginners! Sponsored by the Community Navigator Pilot Program in partnership with vt-SBDC and CVOEO.
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
How to Create a Website in the Google Suite (for Business Owners)
Did you know that Google is more than just a search engine and email provider? Join us to learn about the Google Suite and how to create a website in Google Sites. Attendees will learn what tools are available, how to access them, how to get started, and how to create a free website. This class is intended for small business owners. Bring your questions and come ready to learn! Brought to you by CVOEO and CNPP.
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
No results found.
Past Topics Have Included:
Introduction to Business Taxes
- What taxes do I need to pay?
- What is self-employment tax?
- How do I estimate my business taxes?
- What other taxes do I pay if I have employees?
- What should I ask an accountant before hiring them?
- Interactive workshop answering questions on business insurance.
- Topics covered: General Liability, Workers’ Comp, Property Casualty, and other insurance needs that small businesses owners should know about.
- How to obtain needed coverages at affordable prices.
Business Lending and Loans
- The programs and benefits offered by local organizations.
- The application process and requirements.
- What you need to know if you want to borrow a very small amount of money for your business.
- What’s changed about business lending since COVID-19.
What's a Business Plan?
- Review the components of a business plan.
- Learn why business plans are important.
- View examples of different templates.