- Micro Business Workshops
Micro Business Workshops
The Micro Business Development Program is a program operating out of five community action agencies statewide. Here you will find classes and workshops designed and sponsored by the Micro Business Development Program at CVOEO.
Classes and workshops will be announced 4-6 weeks prior to the event.
Insurance Basics for your Small Business
Join us for a presentation by Travis Spencer of Kinney Insurance Agency. Travis will share his knowledge and take your questions on what coverage a small business should have, how to go about shopping for the coverages you need, and how much you should expect to pay. Topics will include: General Liability Insurance, Workers Compensation Insurance, Property Casualty Insurance, and more!
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
No results found.
Past Topics Have Included:
Introduction to Business Taxes
- What taxes do I need to pay?
- What is self-employment tax?
- How do I estimate my business taxes?
- What other taxes do I pay if I have employees?
- What should I ask an accountant before hiring them?
- Interactive workshop answering questions on business insurance.
- Topics covered: General Liability, Workers’ Comp, Property Casualty, and other insurance needs that small businesses owners should know about.
- How to obtain needed coverages at affordable prices.
Business Lending and Loans
- The programs and benefits offered by local organizations.
- The application process and requirements.
- What you need to know if you want to borrow a very small amount of money for your business.
- What’s changed about business lending since COVID-19.
What's a Business Plan?
- Review the components of a business plan.
- Learn why business plans are important.
- View examples of different templates.